The Gallery provides a range of accessible facilities at the Gallery.
Wheelchairs and seating
Accessible entrances to the Gallery are in Orange Street and on St Martin’s Place through the shop entrance.
Additional wheelchairs and seating can be provided. To book a wheelchair in advance of your visit please contact 020 7306 0055, or ask at the Information Desk.
Our lifts provide access to all floors within the Gallery. If you require assistance please ask a member of staff who will be happy to help.
- The lifts near Orange Street entrance provide access to the galleries on Floors 1 and 2 and the Portrait Restaurant.
- The lift located inside the shop entrance provides access to the Shop, Bookshop Gallery and Portrait Cafe.
- Inside St Martin’s Place entrance, a lift provides access to the Ondaatje Wing Theatre and Floor 0.
- Access to our brand new Bookshop in the Main Hall is via the lift situated in the Lerner galleries on Floor 0.
There are four accessible unisex toilets:
- Floor 0, Orange Street entrance
- Floor –2 next to the Ondaatje Wing Theatre
- Floor –3 Bookshop Gallery via the Gallery Shop
- Floor 3 next to the Portrait Restaurant via the Orange Street lifts
Guide, hearing and assistance dogs are welcome in all areas of the Gallery. Water bowls are available from the Information Desk in the Main Hall.
The Gallery’s permanent and portable induction loops are available in the Main Hall, Ondaatje Wing Theatre, Portrait Café, Shop, Bookshop, Heinz Archive and Library and Portrait Restaurant. Please turn your hearing aid to the T symbol. Or ask a member of staff for further assistance.
Neck loops are available for hard of hearing visitors to access the Sound Guide. These are available free of charge at the Information Desk.
If you have particular needs in the event of emergency evacuation, please inform the Information Desk on arrival.